Pragmatic Organisation Dynamic Display (PODD) Communication Book: Alternative Access Templates
Thank you for your interest in the PODD Alternative Access Templates. Due to a high number of orders we are taking up to a week to process orders ready for posting, but we will get them to you as soon as we can.
A4 Version Only
These PODD Alternative Access templates are designed for individuals who:
- have physical challenges directly pointing to sufficient symbols to meet their communication and language requirements
- can see the picture symbols and manage the visual complexity of a whole page to locate the symbol they require.
Included in this resource are templates to make 22 different Alternative Access PODD communication books with a range of vocabulary and language complexity for individuals to use:
- Direct eye-gaze access
- Partner-assisted visual scanning access
- Eye-gaze plus partner-assisted visual scanning combination access
- Direct pointing plus partner-assisted visual scanning combination access
- Colour coded column plus partner-assisted visual scanning access
- Coded access
Included in the folders for each communication book are:
- A detailed Information file describing the target population, access options, language, page layout, navigation, optional pages and page bypage customisation for that PODD communication book.
- Detailed Construction files providing step-by-step instructions to select materials, print and construct that PODD communication book.
- A folder including Boardmaker® templates for all the pages and page options to make that PODD communication book. These generic templates are opened, customised and printed using Boardmaker® version 5 or later(not included).
Videos to demonstrate the operational procedures for using each access method. Video examples of direct and full models using a range of alternative methods are also included.
The book, Pragmatic Organisation Dynamic Display (PODD) communication books by Gayle Porter (2017), in pdf file format.
We Also Recommend