Pragmatic Organisation Dynamic Display (PODD) Communication Book: Alternative Access Templates
For NDIS Managed Participants this PODD resource is available under the NDIS, Assistive Technology code: 05_222103252_01241_1_2 (4.3 Communication and Information Equipment: Letter and Symbol sets and boards). Please contact us for a service agreement.
Self and Plan Managed Participants please purchase directly through this page.
Please note: Due to COVID-19 Restrictions we are experiencing long delays to deliveries overseas. Please be aware of this when placing an order. Shipping internationally can take 4 weeks or more to arrive.
A4 Version Only
These PODD Alternative Access templates are designed for individuals who:
- have physical challenges directly pointing to sufficient symbols to meet their communication and language requirements
- can see the picture symbols and manage the visual complexity of a whole page to locate the symbol they require.
Included in this resource are templates to make 22 different Alternative Access PODD communication books with a range of vocabulary and language complexity for individuals to use:
- Direct eye-gaze access
- Partner-assisted visual scanning access
- Eye-gaze plus partner-assisted visual scanning combination access
- Direct pointing plus partner-assisted visual scanning combination access
- Colour coded column plus partner-assisted visual scanning access
- Coded access
Included in the folders for each communication book are:
- A detailed Information file describing the target population, access options, language, page layout, navigation, optional pages and page bypage customisation for that PODD communication book.
- Detailed Construction files providing step-by-step instructions to select materials, print and construct that PODD communication book.
- A folder including Boardmaker® templates for all the pages and page options to make that PODD communication book. These generic templates are opened, customised and printed using Boardmaker® version 5 or later(not included).
Videos to demonstrate the operational procedures for using each access method. Video examples of direct and full models using a range of alternative methods are also included.
The book, Pragmatic Organisation Dynamic Display (PODD) communication books by Gayle Porter (2017), in pdf file format.
We Also Recommend